Sunday, December 6, 2009

I live in a small community and I haven't been able to make any friends and I have lived here f

This is a small community with alot of friendships that have been formed since school. I go to church, I am involved in a couple of volunteer projects. But I seem to get people that need more from me than I am able to give (and that is alot!). My sister says that I am such a generous person w/such a big heart. Yet, I have not formed any meaningful relationships. I especially feel this when I need someone to talk to, or a shoulder to cry on. Perhaps I am being naive in expecting to somehow fit in here. My DH is not a very social person so there are not any avenues there to pursue. I had my children late in life and it did effect prior relationships cuz mine were in pre-k while their's were in junior high. I feel like such a fifth wheel, odd man out, old shoe...whatever. I have tried to reach out to people only to be put off then or later. I do not understand it because I am not a bad person; I'm honest and fun to be with. I'm not a hubby stealer and I don't step on toes. Help!



I live in a small community and I haven't been able to make any friends and I have lived here for 7 yrs.?myspace top





Ok so your q...would be other forms of making friends in a small community right?



Are u a single mom..since u state you are not a hubby stealer?..



Alright, seems like u have been making contact...with others...by joining volunteer projects...and by being involved in church. Maybe u should also opt for other forms of social contact. If u live in a small community, how about starting some type of social club ? U can suggest this even in your own church...so all single ..both men..and women get invited..and in which u can all do fun social activities...u can also suggest ..a club for married- divorced...single people with children.....u all have in common ..having kids...then u can have acitivities for the grown ups and for children too. How about joining a class or something that gets you closer ..to other people who enjoy similar activities to you?..



Since u state .u are a kind open hearted person..and that u feel u are being taken advantage of. Maybe everyone around you is used ...to you being so giving...that everyone....has forgotten to gove back you..it can happen.....does not mean u have to change %26amp; turn into a cold hearted person ., maybe u need to tune up and change some things..so people do not expect..for u to give and solve it all on your own everytime....



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs