Sunday, December 6, 2009

What is the purpose of a community room in a mosque?

I have this coursework for GCSE Rs - Islam to do and as much as I try I can't find anything about the purpose of either a community room or the Madrasah.



Can anyone help? I have pictures because I visited the Al Hazar mosque in South Shields recently but I can't find the examples of the more ornate ones I need or figure out enough about what the purpose is to write a paragraph on it.



Please help!



What is the purpose of a community room in a mosque?fun myspace.com





The Madrassah is different from a community room. I've got some pictures of madrassahs if you send me a message/email. The word "madrassah" (sometimes spelled "medersa") literally means school! Historically, these schools were for boys to learn religion, and were usually used as boarding schools. Boys would stay two per small room and study the Qur'an.



A community room in a modern mosque is used for exactly what you might think - community! Since the prayer hall of a mosque requires things like ablution (ritual washing before entering), a community room would be for other purposes - eating, for example, or celebration (of a wedding, perhaps).



What is the purpose of a community room in a mosque?cool myspace myspace.com



Try looking up the Mosque in Saudi for Prophet Mohammed(pbuh). It is ornate. Also, Jordan, Egypt and Syria have many beautiful Mosque.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs