Sunday, December 6, 2009

Q Re: the R&S community and Best answers?

In this category in particular I find that the Q%26amp;A is often either rhetorical or tongue in cheek - both of which are humorous (in different ways) but neither particularly insightful (or insight-seeking). Furthermore there are a number of people that seem to ask questions and pick the "best answer" to be the one that follows their own beliefs. Their choice, of course.



My questions:



1. Do you ever look at a person's choices of "best answers" to infer any innate biases before/after answering a question?



2. If so, how do you distinguish between "best answers" chosen by the Y!A community at large (i.e., votes) vs those chosen by the asker. (There's probably a really easy way right under my nose but I don't know it).



Q Re: the R%26amp;S community and Best answers?myspace games





I will at times ask questions to provoke thinking, and in those instances, I may put them up for a vote so that the most people get a chance to look at them.



I also put things up for a vote when I ask what the "Christian" or "Muslim" line of thinking is, since I'm no longer Christian and only have a passing understanding of Islam



I've been known to choose as best answers those that reflect my own thinking when they've answered a question with more panache or scholarship than others, but I've also chosen best answers those that disagree with my ideas when they're convincing or simply say what's on their mind.



I don't believe it would be helpful to the world if I rewarded answerers who show bigotry, however, and so will not do so in almost every instance.



Q Re: the R%26amp;S community and Best answers?big brother myspace myspace.com



no i dont have time to worry what everyone is doing but i sometimes check to see if they have a decent profile



decided ques it will say how it was chosen
I spend quite a bit of time looking for my best answer....



only if I feel I am unable to make that choice without being biased in some way , do I put it to the vote....



with the exception of silly questions ... I just allow them to go to the vote



but I dont answer questions based on how someone else chooses



my answer is often not just for the person asking , but for anyone who reads



they can take from it what they wish to



so recieving best answer isnt something i worry about
1. No.



2. If the answer is chosen by voters, it will say so above the best answer.
To time consuming and I couldn't be bothered. I'm not concerned with getting best answers, just giving my views. Best answers chosen by the community are more unbiased I think.
If you notice, if i am correct, I have been on here or 13 months, %26amp; I have ask 21 or 22 questions, %26amp; some had to do with health, So I don't have to pick a best answer.
I know what you mean. The questions and answers here are mostly based on people's opinions and/or beliefs.



Alot of folks choose as "best answer" an answer that agrees with their own opinions and/or beliefs...however, I've been chosen as "best" by atheists a couple of times...once, just because I made him smile.



What puzzles me is how the heck anyone could be a "top contributor" in a category like R%26amp;S?



I wonder how Yahoo makes that call??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs