Sunday, November 29, 2009

Can I get financial aid to go to community college when I already have a bachelor's degree?

I miss being in school, and I'd really like to possibly go to community college. However, I really can't afford it. I was wondering if I could get financial aid to go to community college when I already have a bachelor's degree from a 4 year university.



Can I get financial aid to go to community college when I already have a bachelor's degree?famous myspace





FAFSA is free to apply for federal aid. If you are eligible you can go back to whatever school you want. You just cannot attend two schools at one time and have the aid pay for both.



Can I get financial aid to go to community college when I already have a bachelor's degree?wwe myspace myspace.com



No. I suggest you go to graduate school. Then you can get financial aid.
Once you have earned one Bachelor's degree, you become ineligible for Pell Grants and SEOG. However, there may be other types of financial aid that you qualify for -- for example, Stafford loans, Perkins loans, and grant/scholarship funding from your school.



Having earned a Bachelor's degree automatically makes you independent, so you would also be eligible for additional Stafford Loan funding.



At this stage, however, you might want to consider taking some graduate school courses instead. Graduate students are eligible for much more student loan funding that 2nd-time undergrads and having some graduate coursework behind you is great for your mind, appeals prospective employers, and could help you if you later decide to pursue an advanced degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs