Sunday, November 29, 2009

Is this a violation of community standards?

I am asking this on R%26amp;S because I have seen a lot of this on some of my questions.



If someone answers a question with just a "YES" or a "NO" is that a violation of community standards? To my way of thinking it is because they haven't given any reason or justification for their answer. A minimal answer should give at least some reason, even if it is only something like "You're an idiot, everyone knows that isn't true!"



Have you ever reported anyone for that kind of reply?



lwk2431



http://lwk2431.wordpress.com



Is this a violation of community standards?myspace.comgraphics





I don't think so. The rules are so strictly enforced anyway that we shouldn't be looking for more ways to restrict our freedom of speech, much less for the fact that some people don't elaborate on their answers. I have only reported twice in the time I have had this account, only because they were very serious situations. I would never report anyone for answering my question with a "yes" or "no" because they have indeed answered the question.



Is this a violation of community standards?celebrity myspace myspace.com



I could report this question for chatting, but I won't because I'm lazy.
Then it was the question that was the violation
Sometimes the question is phrased so that yes or no is all that is required. To make sure it's more than that, the question should add "And why do you think that way?" just to be safe.



But really, anything can be reported as a violation, whether it actually is or not. YA seems not to care.
perhaps yes or no is all that is required. I don't believe the guidelines tell you how long your responses are supposed to be.
No, that's silly.



And no, I've never reported anyone for that. I don't report answers for "not being an answer." That's just retarded.
NO
In light of this I will be adding "Because God told me so" to the end of all my answers.



Does God exist?



No, because God told me so.
It is playing for points and a lot of the children do it!!!
No, people who have been reported for longer answers perhaps are afraid to answer with more.
Answering a question cannot possibly be a violation. The purpose of this site is for answers, I cannot think of a more definitive one than, yes or no.



If someone reports someone for that, its truly asinine.
no

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs